Thursday, August 26, 2010

Thankful Heart


This Thursday, I want to be thankful to God for the odd events that happened in my life. My week was not that good compared to the previous ones, and I've been going through something that really hit me hard! Just this week, I failed 2 exams that I prepared on. I wasn't expecting that it would turn out that worst. Though I recognized that the exam was difficult, I did not anticipate that it would get through me, after realizing that I'm one of those who failed. 

I really hate failures, especially when it comes to examination. I have traumatic experiences on it before which have led me to a resolve that I won't fail any exam ever again, whether it may come easy or difficult as it may seem. Yet, here I am now, trying to face the same situation. The fact that no one passed did not even comforted me. I was so focused on why did I fail? In the other hand, something went wrong between me and my bestfriend which adds pain to my distress. 

At the peak of my despair, God just reminded me about 1 Thessalonians 5:18 which tells us that we should be thankful in everything for this is the will of God for me or you in Christ Jesus. Life may have been tough for me right now, but a thankful heart will always be a great remedy for heavy disappointments and frustrations.

To my surprise, just this morning during our review, I was being appreciated and recognized as one of the top scorers on the total tabulated results of our previous exams. Aside from enjoying that honor, my bestfriend (for whatever reasons that I didn't know) decided to accept my proposal of becoming my girlfriend. Then it made my day! Finally, it's now an official relationship. I do now have my chance of showing her the love that God has given me for her.

God is indeed a person filled with surprises. You'll just be shocked one day that all things are working out according to what He planned for you, without even you noticing it. You'll be amazed and astounded by the weight of his goodness and faithfulness to your life. At the end of the day, all you can say is... Thank you LORD!

1 comments:

SandwichINK Real Estate Info said...

Excellent points, Christian. I'm so glad things are looking up, but it's such a blessing and an encouragement that God works ALL things for our good if we love Him. And surrendering everything to Him is always the best way. Have a blessed week.

Post a Comment

So what do you think?

Related Posts with Thumbnails